Our local community plays an important role in helping people living with blindness or vision impairment in Western Australia. We rely on the support and generosity of people like to you to fund the training of our Guide Dogs, and help West Australians with blindness or vision impairment to live independent, rich and rewarding lives.
“A Guide Dog gives independence to a person with vision impairment. And what a great gift to be able to provide for someone.” – Sean, Community Fundraiser and Sponsor of Koha.
Fundraising with Guide Dogs WA is a great way to make a difference and get your local community involved in supporting a worthwhile cause. Anyone can fundraise, and we’ll support you in your journey to ensure your bake sale, morning tea, uniform-free day or other event is as successful as it can possibly be!
Help us to transform lives by providing Guide Dogs to West Australians who need them.
“My brother who still lives in the UK has a degenerative condition and has been losing his sight for the past 15 years. He is awaiting a Guide Dog and that is often the subject when I speak with him over the phone. That’s when I got the idea of raising money for a charity that supports the blind and to help someone who is in the same position as my brother.” – Sean, Community Fundraiser and Sponsor of Koha.
Fundraising is easy. Simply follow these three steps:
- Decide what kind of event you’d like to hold and start thinking about dates, venues and fundraising activities—here are a couple of ideas to get your thinking cap on:
- Get active – take part in a fun run, relay or cycle day
- Be social – host a pancake breakfast, high tea or office function
- Step into someone else’s shoes – take part in an event or activity blindfolded
- Embrace your competitive nature – hold a tournament (golf, poker, or anything else you and your friends love!)
- Gifts in lieu – family and friends can celebrate a birthday, wedding, or other special occasion by donating to your in celebration fundraising page
- Complete the Fundraising Registration Form in the Community Fundraising Kit and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Use an online page to collect even more donations and share with your friends and family. Everyday Hero will help you to quickly and easily build your own fundraising page.
- Our Community Fundraising Coordinator will help you every step of the way.
- Now for the fun part! Invite your friends, family and local community to join in and support your event, then have a great time knowing that you’re making a difference to the lives of West Australians who are blind or vision impaired.
“Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Cali has made a huge difference to my life—it’s unbelievable.” – Jayne with Guide Dog Cali.
For more information about how you can start fundraising today, please contact our Community Fundraising Coordinator on (08) 9311 8202, or download our Community Fundraising Registration Form to get started!Back to Top