As a leading provider of disability services specialising in vision impairment, VisAbility (formerly the Association for the Blind of WA) has been changing the lives of West Australians for over 100 years.
“I began accessing services through VisAbility when I was eight, and the Orientation and Mobility Instructors assisted me greatly in becoming independent in everyday life. I learnt to travel safely by myself, and not let my vision loss stop me from living a normal life.” – Ryan, former client of VisAbility, now employed as a Youth Support Officer for children and youth with vision impairment.
At VisAbility, our professional therapy and support services work with individuals across a range of ages and disabilities, in homes, at school, at work and in the community.
We focus on achieving outcomes, promoting mobility and independence, and improving each person’s quality of life. We work with you, your family, employer, coordinators and planners, and other agencies to ensure you receive individualised services and ongoing support every step of the way.
We can help with your National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) plan and provide access to:
- Highly skilled Occupational Therapists, Orientation and Mobility Instructors, Orthoptists and Social Workers,
- Low vision assessments, Acquired Brain Injury visual assessments and rehabilitation,
- Assistive technology, GPS and Electronic Aids, Low Vision Aids, Aids to Daily Living,
- Leisure, Sport and Recreation Programs, Group Programs, Talking Books, Audio and Braille Production,
- Employment support,
- A Guide Dog, Companion Dog, Assistance Dog or Therapy Dog (see Buddy Dogs)
- Specialist programs for Children and Youth including Playgroup, School Holiday Programs, Psychology, Speech Pathology, Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy, and Orientation and Mobility.
At VisAbility, you choose the support you need and where you want to receive it. Visit visability.com.au to find out what we can offer you today.Back to Top