Our local community plays an important role in helping people living with blindness or vision impairment in WA. We rely on the support and generosity of people like you to raise funds to support the training of Guide Dogs to help West Australians with blindness or vision impairment to live independent, rich and rewarding lives.
Fundraising is easy and a great way to make a difference and get your local community involved in supporting a worthwhile cause. Anyone can fundraise and we’ll support you along the way. Some fundraising ideas you might like to consider:
“Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Cali has made a huge difference to my life – it’s unbelievable.” – Jayne with Guide Dog Cali.
- Walk 150km in 24 hours
- Abseil down 52 floors in the Central Park Plunge
- Run a marathon
- Run the annual HBF Run For A Reason in our Jog For A Dog Team (opens in new window)
- Run the Chevron City To Surf (opens in new window)
- Cycle 500 km
- Climb Mount Kilimanjaro
- Swim to Rottnest Island. (opens in new window)
Create your own Guide Dogs WA online sponsorship page (opens in new window) through Everyday Hero. Don’t forget to share it and let us know about it!
- Hold a bake sale
- Host a morning tea
- Host a pancake breakfast
- Host a Dining in the Dark dinner
- Dress-down day
Step Into Someone Else’s Shoes
- Spend 24 hours in a blindfold
- Host a poker night
- Hold a golf competition
Purchase an Entertainment Book
Get discounts on eating out, activities, travel and more! 20% of every sale directly supports the dog training programs. Purchase online now. (opens in new window).
Gifts In Lieu
If you’re celebrating getting married or reaching a milestone birthday, why not create an In Celebration page (opens in new window) through Everyday Hero and ask for donations instead of a gift?
Help us to transform lives by providing Guide Dogs to West Australians who need them.
“My brother who still lives in the UK has a degenerative condition and has been losing his sight for the past 15 years. He is awaiting a Guide Dog and that is often the subject when I speak with him over the phone. That’s when I got the idea of raising money for a charity that supports the blind and to help someone who is in the same position as my brother.” – Sean, Community Fundraiser and Sponsor of Koha.
- Complete our online fundraising registration form (below)
- Use an online page to collect even more donations and share with your friends and family. Everyday Hero (opens in new window) will help you to quickly and easily build your own fundraising page.
- Our Community Fundraising Coordinator will help you every step of the way.
- Now for the fun part! Invite your friends, family and local community to join in and support your event, then have a great time knowing that you’re making a difference to the lives of West Australians who are blind or vision impaired.
For more information about how you can start fundraising, please contact our Community Fundraising Coordinator on (08) 9311 8236. Or, visit our Volunteering page for more information on how you can get involved.
Fundraising Event Registration Form
If you would like to hold a fundraising event on our behalf, please tell us about it in this form and one of our Community Fundraising Team will contact you shortly.